The System Administrator provides expertise and support in the architectural design, functional specifications, testing, configuration management, and documentation of hardware and/or software systems into a constructive simulation and analysis environment.
A minimum of six (6) years of recent and relevant professional experience in the architectural design, functional specifications, testing, configuration management, and documentation of hardware and/or software systems into a constructive simulation and analysis environment. The successful candidate must demonstrate experience and success in managing a dynamic modeling and simulation environment. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related scientific discipline is required. Professional certification in security, or a current operating system or network is required. Four (4) additional years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The System Administrator will provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) on the general maintenance and day to day operations of ACE Group’s IT Infrastructure.
- The candidate must be familiar with federal information technology and cyber security laws and regulations.
- The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience configuring windows based servers, workstations, laptops, and Android cell phones and at least a familiarity with programming for websites.
- The candidate must be a highly-motivated self-starter capable of working in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Perform audit log reviews and support for classified workstations
- Install and test computer-related equipment
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Three years of experience performing System Administration tasks
Experience working with the following: Sharepoint, Exchange Server, SQL Server, IIS, Website updates, Full disk encryption, System configuration, MS Office tools, Windows 7, 10, Server 2012 R2
Experience implementing and validating Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
Ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues
Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience using the Risk Management Framework for continuous monitoring of classified systems
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- One or more CompTIA Certifications: Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professions (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Three years of experience in the use of software applications to support Engineering for Naval Aviation
- One year of recent and relevant application programming experience in support of Naval Aviation in the following areas: Custom Databases, Microsoft Products and Web-site Development/Maintenance
- Diverse career experiences
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with federal, state and other applicable law.