ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on their lethality and survivability in the Naval Aviation Battlespace. Our employees draw from a wealth of personal, professional and company experience to provide our Nation’s decision makers with the knowledge required to optimally equip our Armed Services with affordable, lethal and survivable weapons systems.
We serve as our customers’ most trusted agents in their goal of producing enterprise-wide survivability investments and executable programs. We fill key roles within customer offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, and test and evaluation of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that, with those satisfied employees and satisfied customers, the business will take care of itself.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACE Group seeks an experienced Engineer that possesses a combination of systems engineering and program management skills and experience in connection with Navy fixed and/or rotary wing aircraft, missiles, unmanned air vehicles, and related systems of systems. The candidate will provide technology, engineering, testing, programmatic, and leadership support to joint development programs related to secure Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) advanced Air Combat Training Systems (ACTS) for integration into Navy and Air Force tactical and C2 air platforms, national training ranges, and ground stations.
The Systems Engineering Program Manager will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Performing root cause analysis and preparing technology assessments and design analysis.
- Participating on the technical review board, supporting systems engineering reviews, and conducting performance/design reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Supporting program and project management activities, including project planning, cost performance tracking, risk management, and executive-level decision briefing and reporting.
- Developing and presenting expert executive-level information and decision briefing materials.
- Providing technology, engineering, testing, programmatic, and leadership support to joint development programs.
- Coordinating strategic planning activities and developing alternative program and acquisition strategies in a manner consistent with budget and POM cycles.
- Developing and coordinating transition plans and roadmaps with stakeholders to transition program capabilities, technology, and products to Navy fixed and rotary wing programs.
- Monitoring contractor and vendor performance relative to program milestones and assessing deliverables timeliness and conformance to requirements.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related technical degree; Business and/or Management degree acceptable based on relevant years of experience.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience performing Engineering functions in support of Naval Aviation.
- Experience and/or insight into one or more of the following: Naval Integrated Fire Control – Counter Air (NIFC-CA), Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC), ACTS equipment (e.g., pods, embedded systems, etc.), LVC systems, netted or un-netted simulators, any of the various tactical C2 advanced training waveforms (5GATW, P5, CTW, TTNT, Link 16, MIDS JTRS, etc.), and System Aircraft Integration processes.
- Experienced acquisition professional that is a team-oriented, highly-motivated self-starter capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively, and produce quality products in a timely manner.
- Recent and relevant experience with Aviation Program Planning in one of the following areas: complex budget processes, system acquisition, program and/or project management, or -interdepartmental procurement requests, work requests, requisitions, CDRLs or ERP.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; U.S. citizenship.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Program Management Level III Certification or equivalent and/or Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related technical degree.
- 2,000 or more flight hours in tactical jet aircraft are highly desired.
- U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School (USMC/USAF equivalent) Graduate.
- Experience with NAVAIR Acquisition, Rapid Acquisition, ATD, or SBIR Programs.
- A willingness to travel 80-100% of the time.
- Active Top-Secret clearance.
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACE Consulting Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.