ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on their lethality and survivability in the Naval Aviation Battlespace. Our employees draw from a wealth of personal, professional and company experience to provide our Nation’s decision makers with the knowledge required to optimally equip our Armed Services with affordable, lethal and survivable weapons systems.
We serve as our customers’ most trusted agents in their goal of producing enterprise-wide survivability investments and executable programs. We fill key roles within customer offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, and test and evaluation of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that, with those satisfied employees and satisfied customers, the business will take care of itself.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Systems Engineer will review technical problems, provide solutions for software, hardware and systems, and troubleshoot operating anomalies using data review methodologies and/or automated evaluation programs. The systems engineer also analyzes data and solves problems, communicates with peers, subordinates and senior management, and identifies objects, actions and events affecting organizational operations. The Systems Engineer shall possess experience in connection with Navy fixed and/or rotary wing aircraft, missiles, unmanned air vehicles, and related systems of systems.
The candidate must be an experienced systems engineering professional that is highly-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The candidate will work closely with other engineers and scientists to solve complex technical problems and act as strategic
adviser regarding all elements of the project. The candidate must be a team-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively, and produce quality products in a timely manner.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Administer and lead technical interchange meetings, working groups and design reviews
• Support the development of a technical readiness assessment (TRA) of the system of systems, including all interfaces to generate appropriate technology readiness levels (TRLs)
• Develop and coordinate transition plans and roadmaps with stakeholders to transition program capabilities, technology and products to Navy tactical air platforms
• Monitor contractor and vendor performance relative to program milestones and assess timeliness of deliverables and conformance to requirements
• Provide support for planning and conducting System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETRs), Test and Evaluation support including flight test planning, scheduling, flight clearances, and system/subsystem certification related to integration of external stores on rotary wing platforms
• Resolve issues, tasks and action items; manage, archive and organize program-related engineering information and documentation; and utilize joint Contractor / Government best practices to vet and resolve aviation-specific engineering challenges with program management and logistics personnel.
• Coordinate Air/Shipboard integration activities with host PMA and Navy Research Lab, including supporting associated meetings, SETR events, technical analysis/planning and risk/issue identification and mitigation coordination associated with integration of the system and store aboard air-capable ships.
• Perform Platform Stores Integration and System Engineering functions, with primary responsibility to assist the lead PSI engineer with integration on the MH-60R/S.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum 10 years of experience performing Systems Engineering functions in support of Naval Aviation, to include the Systems Engineering milestones and reviews of the Acquisition process and the associated documentation.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline desired; Associates degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant technical field experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
• Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; U.S. citizenship
• Recent and relevant experience science, technology, and/or engineering aircraft programs.
• Experience with NAVAIR Acquisition and Systems Engineering practices
• Active Secret clearance with current
• Diverse career experiences
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with federal, state and other applicable law.