ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on their lethality and survivability in the Naval Aviation Battlespace. Our employees draw from a wealth of personal, professional and company experience to provide our Nation’s decision makers with the knowledge required to optimally equip our Armed Services with affordable, lethal and survivable weapons systems.
We serve as our customers’ most trusted agents in their goal of producing enterprise-wide survivability investments and executable programs. We fill key roles within customer offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, and test and evaluation of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that, with those satisfied employees and satisfied customers, the business will take care of itself.
Pending contract award, ACE Group will have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer on a Naval Aviation acquisition program located at NAS Patuxent River, MD.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Take a leadership role on multidisciplinary teams by applying systems engineering principles and practices in the development, test, and deployment of complex Naval Aviation weapon systems.
Work with customer, functional management, project engineering, and program management to plan and support systems engineering and integration activities. Will be responsible for leading the analysis of systems data and the development of architecture products and system requirements with minimal supervision.
Must possess the ability to rapidly understand new concepts, apply them accurately in an evolving and complex environment, and effectively organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and tasks. Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Execution of a full requirements development process
- System design including development of architectural products
- Develop and execute a systems integration strategy
- Perform systems engineering trade space analyses
- Participate in test and evaluation planning and execution
- Support transition to production engineering
- Establish and maintain a program filing library or database for systems engineering technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications
- Conduct site visits and investigate engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures
- Assist in the development of interim and final reports
- Support program management and systems engineering processes and meetings
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related science
- 10+ years of experience in architecture, requirements and specification development
- Experience with one of the following Systems Engineering and Architecture Frameworks: INCOSE, ITIL v3, DoDAF, or TOGAF
- Experience with Rational DOORS, Rational System Architect, Atlassian JIRA, or equivalent
- Excellent MATLAB® or MS Excel® skills
- Ability to create compelling, coherent briefing products; excellent writing skills
- Currently residing in, or can relocate to Southern MD (within daily commute of NAS Patuxent River)
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; U.S. citizenship
- Master’s Degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related science
- Experience working with acquisition program offices
- Previous Warfighter experience
- Diverse career experiences
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with federal, state and other applicable law.