ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on their lethality and survivability in the Naval Aviation Battlespace. Our employees draw from a wealth of personal, professional and company experience to provide our Nation’s decision makers with the knowledge required to optimally equip our Armed Services with affordable, lethal and survivable weapons systems.
We serve as our customers’ most trusted agents in their goal of producing enterprise-wide survivability investments and executable programs. We fill key roles within customer offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, and test and evaluation of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that, with those satisfied employees and satisfied customers, the business will take care of itself.
Pending contract award, ACE Group will have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer on a Naval Aviation acquisition program located at NAS Patuxent River, MD.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Utilize knowledge and experience of Naval Air and Strike Operations to develop and conduct analyses of the combat effectiveness and survivability of both current and planned U.S. Navy air systems versus known and emerging threats. Work closely with systems and functional engineers to provide a Warfighter's perspective of systems capabilities and their impact to operational requirements.
Act as a Naval Air and Strike Operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of problem definition, requirements determination, system conceptualization, analysis plan development, and modeling and simulation applications. Must have an understanding of threat and friendly kill chains.
Support the integration of diverse analytic products to produce coherent, defensible decision support briefings and report products.
Must possess the ability to rapidly understand new concepts, apply them accurately in an evolving and complex environment, and effectively organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and tasks. Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and provide operationally relevant scenarios, TACSITs, and mission threads
- Develop and analyze Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) and Concepts of Employment (CONEMPS)
- Research relevant combat system capabilities, characteristics and operational use
- Analyze data and M&S results; create analysis reports
- Create reports and briefings on program impacts of analysis results
- Deliver and support customer briefings
- Support customer engineering and management processes
- Support VV&A of modeling and simulation applications
- Membership in various Integrated Product Teams and Working Groups
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related science
- 10+ years of recent and relevant operational experience with Naval Air and Strike Operations
- 3+ years of recent and relevant professional experience performing warfighting assessments and combat effectiveness analysis
- Currently residing in, or can relocate to Southern MD (within daily commute of NAS Patuxent River)
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; U.S. citizenship
- Master’s Degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related science
- Strike Fighter Weapons School (SFWS) or Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center (NAWDC) graduate
- Intermediate MATLAB® or MS Excel® skills
- OPNAV (N8/N9) or NAVAIR experience
- Diverse career experiences
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with federal, state and other applicable law.