REQUISITION ID EN-8298-1
JOB LOCATION US-MD-Lexington Park
MINIMUM CLEARANCE Secret
ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides unique expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on lethality and survivability in the Aviation Battlespace. We serve in key roles as trusted agents within our customers’ offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, test and operational support of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that with those satisfied, the business will take care of itself.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Radio Frequency (RF) Technician will support the Aircraft Signature & Avionics Measurement (ASAM) Branch at the U.S. Navy Atlantic Test Ranges (ATR) in Patuxent River, MD. The candidate will work in a technically challenging and rewarding environment at a DoD national asset test facility, supporting electronic warfare (EW) and signature measurements.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Perform operations, maintenance, and repair of radar systems to include transmitters (solid state and TWT), exciters and receivers.
- Assist in the development, design, modification and testing of RF systems and associated instrumentation.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must be familiar with and demonstrate a basic knowledge of general purpose and RF laboratory test equipment to include oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Volt/Ohm meters, power supplies and signal generators.
- Candidates must be able to conduct accurate measurements using a spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, power meter and Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM).
- Candidates must be able to read electronic and system schematic diagrams.
- This position requires both laboratory and field work and candidates will often be required to work outdoors, on elevated platforms and be capable of frequent stair climbing, with and without equipment.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with a background in electronic warfare systems, radar, high-power RF transmitters, an FCC radiotelephone operator’s license, electro-mechanical assembly experience, or experience in component level electronic testing, troubleshooting and repair of radar or communication systems.
- Ability to support a dynamic work schedule to support flight testing is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 1-year training in basic electricity and electronics and have completed 1-year of specialized training in RF systems to include either radar or communications systems. Qualified training may include college, trade school, military school or correspondence courses with an accompanying certificate of completion.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with an active security clearance and who have experience working in a classified environment.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Top-Secret Security Clearance.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; U.S. citizenship.
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with federal, state and other applicable law.