REQUISITION ID EN-8298-4
JOB LOCATION US-MD-Lexington Park
MINIMUM CLEARANCE Secret
ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides unique expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on lethality and survivability in the Aviation Battlespace. We serve in key roles as trusted agents within our customers’ offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, test and operational support of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that with those satisfied, the business will take care of itself.
Do you enjoy applying your knowledge and skill to solving the hardest challenges? If yes, ACE Group has an exciting opportunity to support our Naval Aviation Systems Command (NAVAIR) customers as an Operations Analyst/M&S Engineer at NAS Patuxent River in Lexington Park, MD.
We are looking for a smart, energetic candidate with strong Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) skills to join our team working on some of the Navy’s most advanced and critical weapon systems. You will play a lead role through the design, test, and analytic use of M&S solutions.
ACE Group is located in beautiful southern Maryland. Surrounded by the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, the area offers affordable housing, abundant outdoor activities, and a real sense of community. With the Washington, DC metro area only an hour away, southern Maryland provides an exciting, balanced lifestyle.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Utilize MS&A knowledge and experience to develop M&S solutions and perform analyses of the combat effectiveness and survivability of current and planned U.S. Navy air systems. Work closely with systems and functional engineers to provide a warfighting capability assessment of combat systems and impacts on operational and engineering requirements.
Act as the customer’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of: Analysis, M&S development (including VV&A), M&S workspace architecture, data structures, data visualization and the integration of MS&A within Test and Evaluation (T&E) strategies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist with architecting relevant M&S solutions
- Assist with development of Analysis Plans
- Collaborate with Threat Working Groups to develop operationally relevant scenarios
- Research relevant combat system capabilities, characteristics and operational use
- Instantiate domain specific M&S solutions from a suite of approved software tools
- Execute simulations and analyze results; create analysis reports
- Create end-customer reports and briefing products; deliver and support customer briefings
- Support customer engineering and management processes
- Support VV&A of modeling and simulation implementations
- Participate in various Integrated Product Teams and Working Groups
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or other technical field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing M&S solutions at the code implementation level
- 2+ years of experience performing analysis
- Excellent MATLAB® programming skills
- Ability to create compelling, coherent briefing products; excellent technical writing skills
- Currently residing in, or can relocate to Southern MD (within daily commuting distance of NAS Patuxent River)
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to Secret classified information; U.S. citizenship
- Rapidly understands new concepts, and applies them accurately and creatively
- Inquisitive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Works comfortably in evolving and complex environments
- Interacts confidently and communicates effectively at all levels of our customers’ offices
- Distills technically complex material for presentation to non-technical decision makers
- Envisions future states and translates that vision into concrete and actionable plans
- Effectively organizes, schedules and coordinates work phases and tasks
- Meets eligibility requirements for access to Top Secret classified information
- Electrical Engineering degree
- RF Engineering/M&S experience
- Experience operating one or more of the following software tools: AFSIM, Benchmark, BRAWLER, CST, ESAMS, JIMM, OPANA, RADGUNS, STK, SUPPRESSOR
- Master’s Degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related science
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with federal, state and other applicable law.